Our Turn To Hurt..GATTI/WARD II.



Although Arturo Gatti was known for his loyalty and humor outside the ring, no one took and delivered pain the way he did inside it. News of his passing was a final blow, to his fans and loved ones

GATTI/WARD II
Micky Ward
Probably my biggest memory of all three fights is when he knocked me down in the second fight. I think it was the third round. He hit me with a right hand on the back of the ear and it knocked my equilibrium off and I went down into the turnbuckle in the corner. I got up and I didn't have a clue where I was, and the referee's counting and I'm saying, "Yeah, I'm all right, I'm all right," but, you know, I'm not all right. So the ref lets it go, and Arturo throws a right hand from hell that catches me right on the button… but instead of putting me out, it woke me up! So I fired back at him, and then I was catching him with punches. It was just the weirdest thing. I'm out on my feet, and then he catches me with that right hand, ba-BOOM, and I wake up. I was like, thank you. Because if he didn't hit me with that punch, I probably would have fallen down on my own.